Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gingerbread Hot Cocoa & a Cozy Mystery

Working on my next cozy mystery, visions of cocoa and gingerbread dance through my head.  The idea for 'Gingerbread Spiced Cocoa' distracted my senses. 

I have played around with a few recipes for this holiday concoction and think this is the best one.

Ingredients
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (Fair Trade CO OP is what I use)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 gallon (Organic Valley) Milk
Pinch of cinnamon

Preparation
1. Whisk ingredients together in a 6 qt. Dutch oven (or wing it like me and use a large pot), until blended; gradually whisk in milk.  I used 1% Organic Valley milk.
2 Setting your burner on medium heat, stir constantly, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

If Hot Cider is more your scene:
- Columbia Gorge, Musshelman's are two of my favorites because they are organic and don't add preservatives. You can mix with a mulling spice variety (Aspen Brand works well)
- You can add a tinge of hot caramel (King's Cupboard)
- Whipped cream on top.

Accompany these winter drinks with Midel's Ginger Snaps or Gingerbread Cookes - they have Gluten Free varieties that taste delicious.

Cozy up with my new mystery: Playhouse Mystery Series: Murder in Custer State Park




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment